Indeed. You have to keep in mind how Trac parses its config files, what variables are available. Some of the suggestions put forth so far I'm sure are possible, but would take some serious hacking of Trac or the creation of our own Python plugin for Trac.

Any "serious hacking" seems a bit silly in this case. It's not all that critical to spend that kind of time on it. If (some of the suggestions) are easy to take care of, let's go for it.

If we did what you suggest above, the Subject would be (I think):

[LFS Trac] #number: Summary

Close enough for me.

--
Gerard Beekmans