On 3/7/06, Jim Gifford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A lot of you may have noticed the LLH kernel headers have not been
> updated as promised. With that in mind, I decided to do some tests over
> the past few days building LFS and CLFS with raw kernel headers.
> Unfortunately the raw kernel headers are not enough, but with minor
> modifications, they do work perfectly. I have tested 6 builds on 3
> different platforms, x86, Sparc, and MIPS. With no issues at all. I
> created a small bash script that will create the headers. This script is
> available at http://ftp.jg555.com/headers/headers.

I like the idea of using raw (but sanitized) kernel headers. Gentoo is
using a script similar to the above script to sanitize the headers. +1
for this.

BTW, instead of writing to /tmp/new_header file, the script should
probably write to $header.orig. The file in /tmp may exist and may not
be owned by the user running the script.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]