On Tuesday 20 March 2007 02:26, Fix wrote:

> So that I'm waiting for anyone else to confirm or to reject the report.

Using jhalfs r3335 to complete a build of LFS SVN-20070319 on an i686 box,
only annexc and tst-cancel1.out fail for me, and test-installation.pl reports
success too. While the current development book is quit a way ahead of where
LFS-6.2 was in terms of the toolchain used, I've never seen many failures at
all in any of the test suites, let alone any in the toolchain.

I'd be interested if you can reproduce your tens of failures using jhalfs, if
only to rule out a) mistakes in any build scripts you might be using and/or
b) mistakes made when copying/pasting/typing the commands from the book.
scripts or running the commands by hand).  Again, please note that LFS
doesn't currently support 64-bit architectures.  If you're wanting to build
LFS on such a box, the recommended method is to use the CLFS instructions.

Regards,

Matt.