On 6/5/07, Bryan Kadzban <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I like Dan's idea, FWIW (mention the -j option in the
> text, but put a cautionary note in there saying that compile errors may
> happen, and to re-try the compile without -j if they do).

That's pretty much what I was thinking initially, before this turned
into the 'optimum make -j parameter' thread.  A simple paragraph,
making it abundantly clear that build failures with make -j should
first and foremost be re-done (from a clean tarball unpack) with make
-j1 should prevent most newbie complaints, and give everyone more bang
for their buck.

I think the people have spoken on this one.  Thanks all for the useful feedback.

-Deskin Miller