Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> For some reason, my responses to the existing thread regarding a 6.3
> release haven't made it through to the list.  Hopefully this one
> does!
>
> I agree with the fact that LFS-6.3 is long overdue.  In order to see
> this gets done sooner rather than later, I think it only fair I pass
> on the release management hat to a willing volunteer, as I can't see
> my personal time freeing up any time soon.  I think current trunk is
> in a pretty good state, and the number of outstanding bugs targeted
> for the 6.3 release is manageable.
>
> So, does anyone here want to wrestle this release into submission?

I guess I can do it again.  Most of the stuff is mechanical.  We'd need
to decide on a package freeze.  Right now there are a total of 16 open
tickets, but only 5 are assigned to 6.3.  Of these, the iproute ticket
could either be moved to future or we could send a message to the devs
and ask them to repackage the app.  I haven't looked into the others in
any detail.

Just as a comparison, there were a total of 126 tickets worked for 6.2
and there are a total of 157 (5 open) for 6.3.

What do you want for a target release date?  I would think we could get
a -rc1 out in a week if we don't make any changes to the tool chain.

  -- Bruce