On 7/17/07, Dan Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 7/17/07, Ken Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >  What do your bootscript patches do, and how do you view their risk
> > ?
>
> Should be backwards compatible. A couple I have queued up but keep
> forgetting to commit them. Add an early script to quiet the kernel log
> level, then kill the level handling in init.d/modules.
>
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2007-June/059501.html
>
> Second one would kill this bug:
>
> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/2026

As warned previously, I've added a new script to set the printk level
on the console: init.d/consolelog. This is linked at
rcsysinit.d/S02consolelog. It reads the LOGLEVEL variable from
/etc/sysconfig/console. I added a blurb in chapter07/console.xml about
this. Holler if you have any problems. Here's the commit.

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-book/2007-July/021153.html

I also committed another change to clean up the modules script, which
parses /etc/sysconfig/modules. There should be no change in behavior.

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-book/2007-July/021154.html

If these seem alright, I'll spin a new lfs-bootscripts snapshot.

--
Dan