On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 06:09:18 -0700, "Dan Nicholson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You may want to wait for Matthew's comments since I think he has been
> testing the new version.

My testing of a repackaged version was limited to ensuring that the build
didn't break and that I could ping a remote host from my wired, static IP,
ethernet connection.  Hardly a robust test suite!

My vote would be to leave IPRoute2 as-is, i.e. option #1.  IPRoute2 is a fairly
unimportant package for me personally, hence me favouring the path of least
effort here.  Others with more complex networking requirements/configurations
are encouraged to report their results too.  There is a 4th option, which is to
patch the new version's features & fixes onto the correctly packaged version
currently in the book.  I think this is only worth considering if we get a
better understanding of what those features & fixes are though.

> I'd personally rather use the new version
> since it syncs to the 2.6.22 interfaces and that's the kernel we'll be
> running. I'll try poking the maintainer again.

Thanks Dan.  Maybe keeping the package freeze open for IPRoute2 & Glibc-2.5.1
during the RC process will enable Bruce to move forward with cutting the -rc1
version fairly soon?

Regards,

Matt.