david567 wrote these words on 08/15/07 11:45 CST:
> Randy McMurchy wrote:

> Indeed, the book would need to be the implementation.

My point exactly. You are suggesting a total implentation, where
all we really need to do is explain *how* to implement if the
reader wants. Not intrusive that way. Not doing a total
implementation does however ruin cut-and-paste for folks that
*do* want the framework. But I don't look at that as an issue,
as we are not suggesting implementation of a PM, but just a
framework for one of many, which means folks are customizing
anyway.

>> We've always worked with the underlying philosophy of "minimal". Said
>> differently, "just enough to create a working bootable system". PM
>> does not fall into that realm.
>>

> Adding sustainable/upgradeable is not too far off the mark.

To me, it is hundreds of miles off the mark.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.26] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
12:00:01 up 13 days, 11:51, 1 user, load average: 0.63, 0.29, 0.15