Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 10:17:51AM -0700, lists wrote:
>> If the editors pick a pm, then they are removing the "choice" part of that.
>
> And for that reason I think I would be against adding a specific PM to
> LFS/BLFS. However, dropping in a DESTDIR framework would allow for
> *most* package managers to be used without adding any further specifics.

Which is not an issue for me. setting it up as an environment variable
as with $LFS but making it clear that this optional variable is only
needed to make package manager usage easier to implement if they want
seems a good resolution for LFS.

> At this point, whether or not LFS or BLFS decide to use DESTDIR (or
> anything else) isn't as important to me as getting the proper setup in
> place for the LiveCD. :)

Which would make maintaining the LiveCD far simpler for everyone
involved. :)

Since my involvment is limited to testing the LiveCD, not in maintaining
it, whichever one works for the maintainers is the best option. ;)

Jaqui