El Martes, 11 de Septiembre de 2007 08:43, Alexander E. Patrakov escribió:

> The question is how they manage to continue building packages with
> documentation successfully when DocBook XSL is upgraded. For the
> "gimp-help-2" package, the answer is that the "current" version of
> stylesheets is used by default, instead of the explicit number. If you
> know a package that doesn't use the "current" version, tell me its name,
> and I will look how Debian deals with this situation.

The "current" version remap is a catch-all for stock DB documents that don't
need to worry about the output tagging and look and are happy with the
defaults. They are not using customized XSL nor CSS layouts and are agnostics
about what DB-XSL version is used to generate the docs. That is the normal
approach used for DB documentation included in packages and by the API
documentation generated by Doxygen.

That allow graphical help systems, like Gnome or KDE help interfaces, to
display the documentation pages with the same look for all packages via help
browser embedded CSS code. Due changes on DB-XSL output code from version to
version the look my differ from docs generated with one DB-XSL version to
another if that CSS code is not adjusted, but that is not an issue for
distros due that normally they use the same DB-XSL version for all packages
(and its upgrades) across a stable distro version.

On the other side, technical documentation that need a customized tagging &
look on HTML and/or PDF output (i,e,. on-line documentation that should
follow the look of the web site or books destined to commercial printing)
relies on XSL/CSS customizations to can generate it. That approach depend on
the use of a well-known base DB-XSL version, thus the "current" version can't
be used in such cases.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia