On Mar 1, 2012, at 12:18 PM, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> On 3/1/12 2:30 PM, Qrux wrote:
>
>> Why not pursue a course more like: "Let's get some downstream (e.g., BLFS,
>> CLFS) people to see what the actual impact of my proposed changes will be to
>> actual consumers of LFS."
>
> That has always been what I was pursuing. If I wasn't advocating
> discussion and testing then I would have just pushed these changes to
> the repository.

That's good.  Smells like common ground.

So, what are you advocating as far as testing goes?  Bruce just brought up a
good point about ownership and accountability.  It does seem unclear who should
be testing.  What are your thoughts about that, especially in the context of
these types of large changes?