On 04/22/2012 10:36 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I've been studying Jeremy's changes and want to summarize them here.

<Snip complete summary>

Asking for a technical review? :-) Both methods achieve the goal!

Now for a quick, non-technical overview of the effect on the book. You
have reduced the amount of lines in command blocks in the book by 23,
added 15 lines, and removed a page, so complexity of the typed commands
is reduced slightly (that could be taken as a negative, but the removed
page is explained again in chapter 6 and really doesn't compare with the
next point). We gain the added educational value of explaining how and
why a sysroot build works for us--something that can be, and is used
outside of LFS. One really common stumbling block is removed (first
toolchain adjustment). Finally, two commands that are regarded as
"hacks" by some are removed (-B, and this is subjective). Assuming the
result has proven sane by comparison testing (and I'm pretty sure that
has already been done), the only possible downside that I see is the
lost explanation of -B, which I don't recall having seen outside of LFS,
but I really haven't looked either.

-- DJ Lucas