On Mon, 2012-04-23 at 16:34 -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Pierre Labastie wrote:

> >> I'm still in the initial build, but the toochain seems to be OK.  One
> >> problem with gcc-4.7 is that the tests take a *very* long time.  On my
> >> system
> >> which is not really slow, it took over an hour and a half to run the tests.
>
> > How much memory on your system? Experimenting on a virtual machine,
> > I found that ~1,4Gb were needed for gcc 4.7 tests, otherwise swap was used.
>
> That's a good thought, but I have 2G and it's a real system, not virtual.
> The
> build is still continuing and I have only 36 total processes running.

If it's any consolation, Bruce, it takes my machine approx 2.5 hours to
run GCC's testsuite.  That's much better than it used to be; when I was
constrained to running a build under a VM, it used to take approx 6
hours!

Using the test_summary output, what's your average time per test case?

Regards,

Matt.