Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> It appears there are multiple ways to isolate the programs we need in
> Chapter 6 to /tools.  For us, the simpler the better.  I think we ought
> to do a little more testing, but it's looking good.

I'm still in the initial build, but the toochain seems to have done OK.  One
problem with gcc-4.7 is that the tests take a *very* long time.  On my system
which is not really slow, it took over an hour and a half to run the tests.

      === libmudflap Summary ===
# of unexpected failures   1

FAIL: libmudflap.c++/pass55-frag.cxx ( -O) execution test

It's a known problem.
http://old.nabble.com/-Bug-libmudflap-49843--New%3A-64-bit-libmudflap.c%2B%2B-pass55-frag.cxx-FAILs-at--O-td32132826.html

Only one failure is the best I've ever seen.

It did seem to run the tests twice.  I don't know why.  If we can get it to run
once, it would save a lot of time.  The results we identical on both runs.

I found this on the web:

"sorry if I just need more sleep, but I'm pretty sure to have seen 'make
  check-c++' running the C++ testsuite *twice*."

"Yes. Once with -std=c++0x, once without."

   -- Bruce