Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> On 5/28/12 2:52 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> The problem is that none of these libraries are used for udev.  On a
>> recent blfs system, where the systemd dependent libraries are installed,
>> I as able to build and looked at the executables and libraries.  AFAIK,
>> the only ones are /bin/udevadm, /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-udevd,
>> /lib/libudev.so.1.0.0 and /usr/lib/udev/*.
>
> Perhaps the best solution is to complain loudly to upstream and hope
> that enough do so that they build into the package the ability to build
> and install only the udev components as they said would be possible.

I may do that, but they really haven't been too receptive.  I'm going to
look to see what is in the 'common' library that udev needs, but doesn't
need all those extra libraries.  I may be able to just create a custom
Makefile that builds/installs just what we need without going through
autotools or configure.

   -- Bruce