On Thu, 2012-11-29 at 23:34 -0800, Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> Matt Burgess wrote:
> > On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 20:44 -0800, Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> >
> >> it's a SATA drive.  I'm pretty sure all of those show up as SCSI.
> >
> > That's what I thought as well, hence the sd* name, rather than hd*.
> >
> >> What does a udevadm info --attribute-walk on this device's /sys
> >> directory show?
> >
> > Attached.
>
> Well that looks like it.  :-)

Thanks for the detailed analysis, Bryan.  Obviously, this is all pretty
academic for me; if I'd have been using or otherwise needing the by-path
symlinks, I would have noticed their disappearance in udev-182.  The
only reason I noticed they were missing now is because of xinglp's
report.  Whilst I can understand the use cases for by-uuid and by-label,
I can't immediately think of a use for by-path, and as no one else in
LFS-land has reported this before then I guess we can just chalk this
one up as a curiosity for now :-)

Thanks,

Matt.