Le 01/03/2014 18:50, Bruce Dubbs a écrit :
> Pierre Labastie wrote:
>
>> So, I eventually managed to install slackware (only packages for passing the
>> host reqs, running jhalfs, and running the slackware package management
>> system. The key point (I think) is that I haven't installed the package
>> "gmp-5.0.5-x86_64-1", and that it does not prevent gcc to run, simply because
>> libgmp.so.10.0.5 is also included in elflibs (actually, it is in one of Hazel
>> Russmann's posts).
>>
>> And I get exactly the same error:
>
>> libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libmpc.a
>> /bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib64/libgmp.la: No such file or directory
>> libtool: link: `/usr/lib64/libgmp.la' is not a valid libtool archive
>
>> Adding --with-gmp-include=$(pwd)gmp --with-gmp-lib=$pwd/gmp/.libs *does not
>> help*.
>>
>> Actually, I wonder whether it would not be cleaner to use host gmp, mpfr and
>> mpc completely, for building gcc pass1. Those libraries are installed anyway
>> with recent gcc. The only requirement would be that the headers be installed
>> too.
>>
>> Well, I have just read the thread "GCC build first pass: mpc build looks for
>> libgmp.la in the wrong place" to the end (should have done that before, I
>> know!). Basically, the build only fails when libmpfr.la is on the host and
>> libgmp.la is not. But if any is on the host, the build system uses paths on
>> the host. I'll try to reproduce this on Debian.
>
> It sounds like we need to add a check for libgmp on the host.  Perhaps
> libmpfr and libmpc also.
>
>    -- Bruce

It is the .la files, which fire the issue. I could reproduce the error with
lfs-7.5-rc1 as the host, by removing libgmp.la.

Actually, neither Debian nor Arch provide those .la files. I have not checked
Fedora yet.

I am not sure what should be done. If users accept to install libgmp-dev,
libmpfr-dev, libmpc-dev on their host, the easiest would be to completely
remove the build of those packages for gcc-pass1. I'll try that. This would
imply that the host requirement be augmented with both libraries _and_ headers
checks.

Otherwise, maybe just a note telling to remove the .la files (completely
removing them gives the cleanest build), at least for the course of the build?

Pierre