Le 01/03/2014 21:14, Bruce Dubbs a écrit :
> Pierre Labastie wrote:
>
>>> It sounds like we need to add a check for libgmp on the host.  Perhaps
>>> libmpfr and libmpc also.
>
>> It is the .la files, which fire the issue. I could reproduce the error with
>> lfs-7.5-rc1 as the host, by removing libgmp.la.
>>
>> Actually, neither Debian nor Arch provide those .la files. I have not checked
>> Fedora yet.
>>
>> I am not sure what should be done. If users accept to install libgmp-dev,
>> libmpfr-dev, libmpc-dev on their host, the easiest would be to completely
>> remove the build of those packages for gcc-pass1. I'll try that. This would
>> imply that the host requirement be augmented with both libraries _and_
>> headers
>> checks.
>>
>> Otherwise, maybe just a note telling to remove the .la files (completely
>> removing them gives the cleanest build), at least for the course of the
>> build?
>
> Yes, on my system I have /usr/lib/libmpfr.la which contains
> dependency_libs=' /usr/lib/libgmp.la'.
>
> If we add the following to the host system requirements, would that be
> enough?
>
> [ -e /usr/lib/libmpfr.la ] && [ ! -e /usr/lib/libgmp.la ] &&
>     echo "libgmp is missing"
>
> I'm going to hold off releasing 7.5 until we get this settled.
>
>    -- Bruce

I think it is the idea of the fix, except that the libs may be in /usr/lib64
(as in Slackware64). The message should be changed though, since libgmp.so
might be installed without libgmp.la. Do not know exactly what to say: "please
install a package with libgmp.la, or remove libmpfr.la" (too long...)

Pierre