Am Freitag, den 03.05.2019, 01:58 +1000 schrieb James B via lfs-dev:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've been lurking in this mailing list for quite a while now and seen some
> developments going on.
>
> Specifically, I have seen Thomas' multilib work being discussed and I think
> Thomas recently put his work into somewhere in LFS website. I've also seen
> comments about "LFS with package management" but I've never actually seen the
> book.
>
> These are two that I'm aware, and there may be others. However, I want to
> highlight that googling "LFS multilib" doesn't bring me anywhere,
> specifically it doesn't bring up Thomas work. Could it be because there is no
> link from LFS main website to his? If I want to access Thomas website I need
> to know the exact URL: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~thomas/multilib/

Yes, thats the link currently shows the "ML-enabled" book. It may be a
bit beind the 'real' LFS book because i have to merge trunk from time
to time into the ML-branch. Thats currently manual work and i do not
believe that automated merge+commit will work stable.
I'm really happy and feel honored (hope that its ok since its
translated word by word from german "ich fühle mich geehrt") that my -
and others! - work is somehow recognized.

I assume that your interest in ML does not come out of the blue. It
would be interesting to know something about the reason why you are
searching for ML stuff. The answer might help to optimize the ML stuff
and even more, if you have trouble building the ML system or trouble
while using it (e.g. missing core libraries and such).

> My apology if this has already been done; but if it has not, may I suggest
> that we put a link from somewhere in LFS website to these? I understand that
> they aren't official LFS works or projects (not on the same level as BLFS,
> CLFS or ALFS), so the links should be marked as such; nevertheless, they're
> valuable reference in their own right. Making these variants accessible from
> the main site would be helpful for others.

Well, yes, some kind of ML-enabled BLFS will be the next step. On the
way to get my printer driver (32bit from DELL) working, at least
nettle has to be built with -m32 ...
Regarding pkgmngt, i started a project for my own to see&learn how
pkgmngt may work. There is no heavy development on
https://www.belfs.org since its a one-man- and spare-time show but it
works for me so far and a new rework will come up these days.
DJ has published some work on pacman for LFS. You may check
https://github.com/djlucas/LFS-systemd-pacman for that.

--
Thomas