Hello Pierre,

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 11:55 AM Pierre Labastie via lfs-dev
<lfs-dev@lists.linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We say that SHLIB_LIBS="-L/tools/lib -lncursesw" is needed to force
> Readline to link against the libncursesw library. But:
> 1) Even if readline uses the tremcap functions, it does not link
> against any library containing it (see the INSTALL file in source).
> 2) This switch had not effect to the only file where termcap appears:
> readline.pc, which has "Requires.private: termcap" anyway.
>
> Packages using the Requires.private field may therefore be fooled
> by this, but I have found none until now, so the problem is unlikely
> to occur.
>
> Anyway, there is a configure switch, --with-curses, which allows
> generating the correct readline.pc.
>
> So we should use this switch, and remove the SHLIB_LIBS settings, which
> do not bring anything.

Have you taken into account the following messages for the reason to
have SHLIB_LIBS="-L/LFS-tools/lib -lncursesw"?

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-readline/2007-03/msg00003.html
and its reply
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-readline/2007-03/msg00005.html

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-readline/2014-04/msg00007.html