On Sun, May 03, 2020 at 09:13:27PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs via lfs-dev wrote:
> On 5/3/20 8:15 PM, Ken Moffat via lfs-dev wrote:
>
> > root in chroot /# export LC_ALL=en_US.iISO-8859-1 && date
> > bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.ISO-8859-1):
> > No such file or directory
> > Mon May  4 00:50:46 UTC 2020
>
> export LC_ALL=en_US.iISO-8859-1 && date
> bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.iISO-8859-1):
> No such file or directory
>
> Note the typo.

Yeah, shit happens - I noticed my first attempt had been .SO-8859-1
and thought I'd fixed it, forgetting this was bash not vim.

> Is it because the locales are not available until after glibc and then
> leaving/reentering chroot?
>
>   -- Bruce

Possible.  A bit of a pain if that is so.  Still building /tools for
this run, then I'll let it run (following xry111's suggestion to add
the locale in /tools glibc, although I now doubt that - see what I
just posted).

Assuming bison still fails its tests, I'll try that.

Doesn't really explain why man-db has sometimes failed, but passed
other times (for various builders).  Maybe there is something else
there.

ĸen
--
                 See You Later, Holy Poppadom!