On Mon, May 04, 2020 at 12:51:34PM +0800, Xi Ruoyao via lfs-dev wrote:

> > Doesn't really explain why man-db has sometimes failed, but passed
> > other times (for various builders).  Maybe there is something else
> > there.
>
> In sysv book, there was no util-linux in chap. 5 (until Pierre added them to
> fix
> problems found by ICA).  So the tests using util-linux tools would be skipped.

That make sense.  I'll blame Pierre ! ;-)

No, obviously I won't blame Pierre, but this is still very much work
in progress.

After the tests failed this time, I exited chroot and re-entered it.
Tried passing LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 ; date - again got the error
message about the locale.  Rebuilt bison anyway, tests similarly
failed.

Feeling old, going to bed! (see .sig:)

ĸen