In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 Gerard Beekmans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Matt Bartley wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Are you able to run "ldd" on a.out? If so, any missing libraries? Though
> usually you would see a missing library in ldd's output unless it's
> ld-linux.so.2 itself.

/usr/bin/ldd: line 124: ./a.out: No such file or directory.

> If ldd doesn't give you a clue, I suggest downloading the 'strace'
> program from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2861
>
> Compile and link it statically, copy it inside chroot and run a.out this
> way:

I've copied the binary from Debian, which isn't statically linked, but
it works anyway.

>       strace -o output.txt ./a.out

All that appears in output.txt is:

execve("./a.out", ["./a.out"], [/* 8 vars */]) = 0

And the following still shows up on standard output:

strace: exec: No such file or directory.

> > Also, this problem doesn't happen if I build LFS-6.1 or LFS-development.

> What exactly are you trying to build then? Did I miss that part?

The gcc4 branch.  Version GCC4-20050721 to be more precise.