In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 Gerard Beekmans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Matt Bartley wrote:
> > I've copied the binary from Debian, which isn't statically linked, but
> > it works anyway.

> Please install a statically linked version inside chroot. If it's a
> dynamically linked binary it'll have to use your LFS' Glibc libraries.
> If there is an issue with your Glibc installation, which looks like it
> might be the case, strace may not function right.

I just tried it with a static linked version of strace and got the same
result.

# ./strace ./a.out
strace: exec: No such file or directory
execve("./a.out", ["./a.out"], [/* 8 vars */]) = 0

> couldn't answer it. If there is a known issue with how GCC4 compiles
> Glibc (or how the current instructions in LFS might be buggy for this
> application and miscompile Glibc) you should be able to find it in the
> mailinglist archives.

I've monitored the mailing lists and have seen nothing else about this.
There was a recent report that the gcc4 branch was buildable up to kbd,
much further than I got, and a patch was posted to get past kbd.