can anyone send me a good link to reseach how to set up my wireless card in the LFS environment

my ubuntu setup reports this from iwconfig:

lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

ra0       RT2500 Wireless  ESSID:"NETGEAR"
         Mode:Managed  Frequency=2.412 GHz  Access Point: 00:09:5B:B0:94:D4
         Bit Rate:11 Mb/s
         RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
         Link Quality=80/100  Signal level=-69 dBm  Noise level:-197 dBm

sit0      no wireless extensions.

im running on a AMD Athlon XP-M averatec laptop with kernel version 2.5.16 using the same configuration as the ubuntu side

my main question is setting up the device for my wireless card, this card is an internal one with a disable button by the power button on the laptop. this button does not seem to work, if i could get this to work to turn on and off my connection would also be nice!

--thanks James P. Henry