On 7/10/07, Craig Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am a bit confused by "sanitise its own headers".  I have heard rumor
> that the raw kernel headers are recently "behaving" thereby rendering
> the linux-headers package/project irrellavent/obsolete.  Is this true,
> or do I just not understand the meaning of something?

Which linux-headers project is that? The CLFS one? For x86, there's no
reason to not use the sanitization scripts that are shipped with the
kernel, i.e. make headers_install. Is this what you refer to as the
"raw" headers?

The real raw headers expose internal API of the kernel, and thus
should only be used in the kernel. The process of sanitizing removes
this internal API to provide headers to userspace exposing the
external API. That's what you put in /usr/include.

--
Dan