Tony, I apologize, did not see your mail in the to filed ina a large message to
BLFS that I canceled.

Problem not yet solved, perhaps the subject should be replaced: there is sound,
but broken sound or there is broken sound.

I do not know if the list has restrictions or preferences about sending long
log files attached or in the text.