On 03/24/2010 11:55 PM, x2...@lycos.com wrote:

>       ldd /usr/sbin/nscd
>
>          linux-gate.so.1 =>   (0xb7fd2000)
>          libssp.so.0 =>  not found
>          librt.so.1 =>  /lib/librt.so.1 (0xb7fc8000)
>          libpthread.so.0 =>  /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7faf000)
>          libnsl.so.1 =>  /lib/libnsl.so.1 (0xb7f97000)
>          libc.so.6 =>  /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb7e42000)
>          /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7fd3000)
>
>       'libssp.so.0' is installed in  /tools/lib/libssp.so.0 and
>       has the same installation time as /tools/bin/gcc.  All of
>       the libssp* libs are installed in /tools/lib with the same
>       installation time.
>
>       Anyone got a grasp on this problem?
>

>       pete x2164

First of all, Glibc shouldn't even be attempting to link to libssp since
it's in /tools, not in {/usr,}/lib, at this point - that would certainly
explain why it's not being found...but of course I'd expect you to know
that already. If you apparently know enough to be hacking the source and
manually running various scripts there, well then, basically, you know
how to fix this yourself. Unless you're planning on giving full
disclosure on what you did (namely, the exact, precise meaning of
"pretty much to the letter" - obviously if you really followed the book
completely you wouldn't feel the need for those first 2 words) then the
only "solution" anyone here is likely to give would be to rm -rf $LFS/*
and go back to the beginning.