Timothy Rice wrote:
> Hey Dan,

[...]

>> After I rebuild manually, I'd be more than happy to work with you and
>> update the hint.
>
> Sounds good :-)

If ya'll really get something working, I'd sure love to see
it.

I understand why LFS is the way it is. However, I'd like to
be able to build a list of "What I Want on My Machine", and
let it go, and some time later, have a system ready for me
to build a kernel and boot.

That's the major stopper for me actually abandoning my current
in-use distro and going with LFS. I have built LFS a few times
(like perhaps five) and made a system boot, but it's just too
boring to keep cutting and pasting, and checking when it's done,
to do on any regular basis, and I haven't attempted BLFS, b/c
it's just too much manual work.

I wouldn't want LFS to become another Gentoo, since it doesn't
give one the control LFS does over what gets installed and how.

OTOH, LFS really _really_ needs some sort of package manager
and version control, and so if you want that, then you can't use
JHALFS (as is, anyway).

I'd like to see some dependency management stuff in the package
manager and revision control systems. However, that's not really
what LFS is about.

So, if you get some stuff working, or partly working, please do let
us know here, and write some hints or sth similar.

Mac
You have found the bank of Larn.