On 13/11/11 12:38, spiky wrote:
> On 13/11/11 12:36, Alain Toussaint wrote:
>>> hd0,msdos1(LFS-7.0),2(swap),3(home).
>>         ^^^^^^
>>
>> Could it be that the partition is FAT32 instead of ext(2,3,4)?
>>
>> Alain
>>
> I formatted the partition with gparted to ext4 swap is swap home ext4
>
>       Martyn
Ok I have run kernel config again I enabled all filesystems ext2,3,4 in
the file section hope this was the right place for "root filesystem".
  I ran grub prompt on my ubuntu system (IDE) (set root hd0,2) then
(root =/dev/sda2) that boots. I tried ubuntu 11.10 which is on sdb (usb)
Couldn,t get it to boot? from grub prompt but will if select that
harddrive from bios.
  I redone LFS grub.cfg  root=hdo,2   then linux ........root=UUID=uuid
no still no joy