On 3/21/2012 1:03 PM, siefke_lis...@web.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 16:38:48 +0000 Andrew Benton wrote:
>> Whereabouts in the book are you? Is this in /tools or in chroot?
> Im in chroot, im in chapter 6.
>
>> /sources/gcc-4.6.2/libgcc/configure: line 1441: /lib/cpp: No such file or
>> directory
> I has symlinked now the cpp to /lib/cpp but the error message is the same.
>
> root:/sources/gcc-build# ls -l /lib | grep cpp
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      12 Mar 21 14:28 cpp ->  /usr/bin/cpp
>

>> It looks like you're in chroot 'cos it says /sources/gcc-4.6.2, in
>> which case, why's it looking for /lib/cpp? We don't create /lib/cpp
>> until after we've installed gcc, while you're configuring gcc, cpp
>> should be /tools/lib/cpp. I suspect that something has gone wrong while
>> you were adjusting the toolchain, but I don't know what.
> But in /tools/lib is no cpp.
>
> root:/bin# ls -l /tools/lib | grep cpp
> root:/bin#
>

> Mmh and the most dialogs i make copy and paste.
>
> I should start new i think or?

I think /lib/cpp is not your problem, at this stage that should not
exist as you have not installed the final build of gcc yet. However
looking at the log you posted, one thing I noticed was several messages
about missing stdio.h, now I believe that is a glibc header, do a check
under your /usr/include directory and see if you find it. If not you may
need to redo glibc, I believe your early enough in chapter 6 that you
could rebuild it without too many issues.

Thomas