Hi there,

I have two suggestions for the book which I hope will be helpful:

As in every computer boot up and logging in as lfs user I had to run 'mount
/dev/sda7 /mnt/lfs' as root, I added (rewrited) this to .bashrc file as
following (rewriting LFS-7.1 4.4. Setting Up the Environment section):

cat > ~/.bashrc << "EOF"
set +h
umask 022
LFS=/mnt/lfs
LC_ALL=POSIX
LFS_TGT=$(uname -m)-lfs-linux-gnu
PATH=/tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
export LFS LC_ALL LFS_TGT PATH
mount /dev/sda7 $LFS
EOF

However I have two issues with this:
I know I should use 'sudo mount' in Debian but what command will work in all
distros? because book's reader can be on any distro.The mount command should
not run if it's already mounted. how it can be verified before mounting, via
Linux commands?

Another suggestion is doing LFS-7.1 4.4 steps for root too in beginning of part
III because after this part, all commands should be run as root but $LFS is not
declared in root. so I issued following command while I was logged in as root
and now I don't have to declare $LFS every time I login to root:
NOTE: I commented that lines which I was not sure about them if they should run
in root mode too.

cat > ~/.bashrc << "EOF"
# set +h
# umask 022
LFS=/mnt/lfs
# LC_ALL=POSIX
# LFS_TGT=$(uname -m)-lfs-linux-gnu
# PATH=/tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
export LFS
# LC_ALL LFS_TGT PATH
mount /dev/sda7 $LFS
EOF

What's your idea? Are these useful and meaningful?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely Yours,
Yasser.