> Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 20:44:45 +0100
> From: zarniwh...@ntlworld.com
> To: lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org
> Subject: Re: [lfs-support] mounting via .bashrc as root (2 suggestions)
>
> On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 10:45:04PM +0430, Yasser Zamani wrote:
> >
> > What about second idea? i.e. defining .bashrc for user root like lfs user
> > to export $LFS variable. The book does not talk about repeating the steps,
> > it may consider we will learn this from previous sections.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
>  Please don't top-post, we don't like it.

I was aware about it, but unfortunately last night I was at home where I have
Debian there with "ice weasel" as web browser, which did not allow me to type
between replies (like this line)!

>  Why do you think that the root user needs $LFS to be defined ?

Please see the Note at LFS-7.1 section 5.35 at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter05/changingowner.html
which says: "The commands in the remainder of this book must be performed while
          logged in as user root and no
          longer as user lfs. Also, double
          check that $LFS is set in root's environment."

-Yasser