Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 09:31:48PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>
>> I'm pretty sure udev has nothing to do with mounting /dev/pts.
>>
>   That was my initial thought too, but I've now remembered that I had
> the exact same problem in my own testing of some of the ways to cope
> with systemd's takeover of udev back in May and June.
>
>   What I don't recall is whether a change to the bootscripts or a
> change to the udev-lfs tarball/Makefile solved the problem.

Searching through the systemd source, the only significant use of
/dev/pts is in nspawn.c which does the equivalent of the mountfs script.
  That's not a part of udev.

In 3.6.2, I have:

#
# Character devices
#
CONFIG_VT=y
CONFIG_CONSOLE_TRANSLATIONS=y
CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE_SLEEP=y
CONFIG_HW_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_VT_HW_CONSOLE_BINDING=y
CONFIG_UNIX98_PTYS=y
# CONFIG_DEVPTS_MULTIPLE_INSTANCES is not set
# CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS is not set
CONFIG_SERIAL_NONSTANDARD=y
# CONFIG_ROCKETPORT is not set
# CONFIG_CYCLADES is not set
# CONFIG_MOXA_INTELLIO is not set
# CONFIG_MOXA_SMARTIO is not set
# CONFIG_SYNCLINK is not set
# CONFIG_SYNCLINKMP is not set
# CONFIG_SYNCLINK_GT is not set
# CONFIG_NOZOMI is not set
# CONFIG_ISI is not set
# CONFIG_N_HDLC is not set
# CONFIG_N_GSM is not set
# CONFIG_TRACE_SINK is not set
CONFIG_DEVKMEM=y
# CONFIG_STALDRV is not set

I'll check everything out when I do udev-196.

   -- Bruce