Hey Ken,

Thank you for your timely reply.

I tried compiling the a small hello world program in my lfs
environment with x86...gnu-gcc compiler. It did produce an "a.out" but
when I tried to execute it, it again gave a segmentation fault.

Another observation of mine is that - we usually have a "GCC"
executable binary in /usr/bin to execute our code normally. But in my
$LFS/tools/bin folder, only x86..gnu-gcc compiler is there and not
"GCC". So does that make any difference?

If not, then what should I do to overcome the problem? Apologies for
troubling you but I'm a total newbie to this.

--
*Thank You*

*Aditya Dixit*