> Thanks Bruce. I gave that a go. It delayed the boot and I could see
> some of the other USB devices being detected (such as the mouse,
> keyboard and an attached printer) as it booted. Unfortunately the part
> where the error begins scrolls off the top of the screen before I can
> read it. Is it possible to attach a photo? I’ll see if I can…
> …it seems not…

Try not turning the printer on until after linux has booted :
probably not relevant to this issue, but from memory people have had
problems using a usb printer if it was powered on at boot.  And my
own epson claims to include a disk drive (according to the log after
I turn it on), which might upset things.

Beyond that - maybe you need a different usb config option for that
disk (or partition, or filesystem).

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods
--

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the suggestion. The printer is not powered on during boot, its
presence is merely just detected by the kernel during its scan. I tried
disconndcting it anyway and trying again. No change I'm afraid.

Mark