Hi again all,

I have a slight confession to make – it seems the issue was more
related to a PEBKAC/PICNIC error than anything else *blush*. When I
changed the kernel configuration to include the USB 3.0 subsystem
yesterday and recompiled the kernel, I somehow forgot to copy it to
the /boot directory of my LFS system. *sigh*. I say this here in the
hopes that anyone else reading can learn from my clumsiness!

The USB 3.0 susbsystem does indeed need to be compiled into the kernel
as Michele said, and a ‘rootdelay=’ flag also needs to be appended to
the bootloader configuration to wait for the USB subsystem to settle
down on boot, just as Bruce mentioned, so your efforts were not
totally in vain! Thank you both!

I am now going to make a large cup of tea and relax before I try to do
(aka break) anything more with my system! (Still SMH).

Go raibh míle maith agaibh

Mark