On 06/11/2018 07:21 PM, Michael Shell wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:24:08 +0800
niuneilneo <niuneil...@gmail.com> wrote:

As you might guess, I'm not a big fan of grub. There is a reason it has been
said of grub by the gummiboot developers:

"gummiboot is intended to be a minimal alternative to GNU GRUB that
  'just works'"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gummiboot_(software)

I went from BIOS-lilo to pure-EFI without ever using anything in between.

Actually, I think grub works pretty well for booting. What is broken is the automatic generation of grub.cfg. There are tons of complicated stuff happening to make for pretty screens when those screens are typically up for 5 seconds or less. If you manually maintain grub.cfg, it is really quite easy. My grub.cfg is 88 lines long with 20 menuentry lines. A default grub.cfg for Debian with one OS installed is 200 lines. That's a distro problem/bloat.

Most users only have one OS on their system. Some have two. Very few have more than that. For that later group, editing grub.cfg should be easy.

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 23:13:29 +0800