On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 05:20:41PM -0500, Douglas R. Reno wrote:

> Frans,
>
> Can you please try systemd-239? It should show up in the render tomorrow
> morning (US Central time, I'm not sure what it is in UTC).
>
> I'll make sure it lands in BLFS here in the coming days, just extremely
> busy outside of LFS.

If that does't help, now that I've had to apply a workaround
to two of my sysv systems to speed booting (lack of entropy on some
machines with integrated video and only an SSD) I've got an
alternative suggestion - if the kernel is 4.17 or later, or 4.16.4
or later, or (perhaps) 4.14.36 or later, it contains a CVE fix which
ensures that getrandom() will not return until the CRNG is properly
initialised.

That is reported to severely impact _some_ VMs' startup times.

The easiest workaround is to install haveged in chroot, and its
systemd file in your case.  If that is the problem, people differ
about the quality of what haveged provides - if you need to generate
long-lived security kees (e.g. for gpg) in the VM see
https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/7/23/857 (Ted Ts'o's reply to me when I
suggested that if I had to use haveged the boot was fast but didn't
it weaken future entropy?)

ĸen
--
           Entropy not found, thump keyboard to continue