Am 2018-11-28 19:57, schrieb Jimmy Zhang:
Hi,
I followed the instruction on LFS-BOOK-8.3.pdf step by step to the
end.
During the reboot, I got the error message "Kernel panic - not
syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)".
I was building LFS with my VMware machine.
Need help to see which part I may mess up?
Thanks,
Jimmy Zhang

Usually this is caused by missing device drivers in the kernel so that the kernel isn't able to read the root file system. This can be caused by missing filesystem drivers like ext4 or by missing drivers for the disk devices itself like PATA or SATA.
Check the kernel configuration for that.

--
Thomas