1. If the kernel does not have the required driver,
how did LFS end up on the drive?
2. Just exactly what driver are you referring to?
    "Driver" is a generic term which is used to to refer to different
interfaces in the kernel.
YOU claim that  to say "re-install" is a strange piece of advice.
I, actually, everyone, would love to hear from you just exactly which
driver the OP is missing.