On 11/29/2018 11:00 AM, Xi Ruoyao wrote:
On 2018-11-29 15:17 +0000, Jimmy Zhang wrote:
Hi,
One thing I am confused that the LFS kernel (/boot/vmlinuz-4.18.5-lfs-8.3 from
my partition(one partition for both
/boot and /) was loaded and run, which indicated that the system can access my
partition /dev/sda3 which was going
to be mounted as root, right? why the kernel will give the error messages that
unable to mount root fs?
Grub can access your partition and copy the kernel into your RAM.  But then
the kernel can not access your partition because it doesn't have proper driver.
Jimmy,
Might also be that the FS is corrupted?
Boot from a live DVD, and
fsck -y /dev/sda3