> Well, you could read the footer:

I definitely could have :) funny how eyes can skip what seems unimportant.

Even if I had read it, it wouldn't have been immediately clear though. I
just wasn't aware of the issue, even though I've been reading annoyingly
formatted mailing list threads for years... I just took for granted that
it couldn't be avoided...

I use Thunderbird and it wouldn't never occur to me bottom-post.
Top-post just sounds natural, you want to read the response first thing.

Anyway, good tip to redirect stdout, should be standard.
Makes the output much more readable even though still quite long in this
case: stderr: https://pastebin.com/204fpTzi

Stdout is more than 512k so not pastable as-is on pastebin. Will have to
find a trick if it is needed.

On a side note, I realise the `.bashrc` for account lfs had a full path
instead of the limited one intended.
Moreover, and this is something I can't figure out yet, I get kicked out
with a Stopped process when I try to `su - lfs`.
`su lfs` works fine though.

I never had that before on linux. SSH with lfs user on the machine work
though. So I'm confused if the login shell has a problem or not.
`.bashrc` is not the cause, it is read and processed correctly.

best