On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 04:28:39PM -0400, Peter Matulis wrote:
> Hi.  I am using lftp 3.2.1 on FreeBSD 5.4 and I have a few basic questions.
>
> 1. For slots, how do I create one for my initial connection without the use
> of a script?

When a new slot is created, current connection settings are copied to it.
So you just do `slot NAME' after opening a site.

I have just noticed that -e 'slot X' does not work as expected. It is related
to exit code from slot command. Attached patch should fix the problem.
To workaround, use -e 'slot X ||()'

> 2. I could not find a setting related to the "-O" switch (the destination
> directory).  It would
> be useful to have.

I'll add it (xfer:destination-directory), it is easy.

> 3. Why is lftp sometimes so slow when I use a wildcard (ex: mget|ls blah*) on
> a specific
> server?  It can take between 1 to 2 minutes before anything happens when I am
> connected to
> ftp.openbsd.org.  (Can someone confirm this?)  Using the same command at the
> same URL with
> stock ftp does not exhibit this behaviour.
>
> This was an extreme case where a timeout occurred:
>
> lftp ftp.openbsd.org:/pub/OpenBSD/3.7/packages/i386> ls ge*
> **** Timeout - reconnecting
> ---- Closing data socket
> ---- Closing aborted data socket
> ---- Closing control socket
> dns cache hit
> ---- Connecting to ftp.openbsd.org (129.128.5.191) port 21

This is related to improperly implemented ABOR at the server. For workaround,
use:
    set ftp:use-abor no

--
   Alexander.