On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 02:38:21 -0400 (EDT), Alexander Lukyanov wrote:

> Here is a patch to make lftp wait for QUIT reply at exit.  I think to avoid
> lingering one can set use-quit no.

OK.  Thanks for the patch.  But it does not work as intended.  It doesn't
seem to break anything, but neither does it fix anything.  I still don't
get the "221 Goodbye." message most of the time.  Most of the time, the
control connection gets closed before the 221 message arrives.  In order
to get the 221 message consistently, I have to add a delay to the end of
the script.  For example,

!sleep 1

This introduces enough delay that the 221 message arrives prior to shutdown.
But this is a kludge.  I shouldn't have to do that.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :