> * sparc64 + x86_32 / sunos
>
> Here --extra-libs=/usr/lib/64/values-xpg6.o gets added.  I wonder if this
> is still necessary and/or if we can do it in configure.

This is a subject of considerable controversy within the GCC team.
Sun's documentation indicates the values-xpg6.o must be linked in for
proper C99 behaviour, but it unfortunately has a tendency to cause
breakage or unpredictability when linked against dynamic libs that
haven't been linked with this object file. Sun Studio currently does
the right thing, GCC does not. I can link the PR# for this issue if
you like.

> * x86_32 + x86_64 / sunos / gcc 4.6.0 + gcc 4.7.0
>
> On this platform we see --disable-vdpau added to configure.  What is going
> wrong here with vdpau?  Can it be solved by upgrading vdpau or do we need
> more elaborate configure tests?

The version of VDPAU that ships with Solaris 10 is ancient and does
not contain symbols we need.

Thanks,

Sean McG