On 05/12/11 08:30 am, Diego Biurrun wrote:
Now that I have finally fixed the BSD CPPFLAGS issues in a clean way
I believe it is time to review our FATE configurations again and
possibly unify them.
[...]
There are some FATE configurations that use --disable-debug and some
that use --enable-shared - why?

On OS/2 I use --disable-debug due to our GCC ports not having the stabs entries updated (a tedious process I understand) which results in hundreds of lines output about unknown stabs entries.

Reinhard just tells me that he would like to see FATE boxes run make in
verbose mode, i.e. with 'V=1' set so that all compiler flags are visible
in the build logs.

Now on to specific FATE configurations and their flags and hacks:
[...]
* os/2

This configuration sets '-D_GNU_SOURCE', which is suspicious.
I'd like to see what happens now if it is removed.

Besides also setting -D__BSD_VISIBLE for nan(), which is no longer needed, the build dies with this error,

CC      libavcodec/aaccoder.o
/usr/src/ffmpeg.libav/libavcodec/aaccoder.c: In function 'coef2minsf':
/usr/src/ffmpeg.libav/libavcodec/aaccoder.c:522:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'log2f' /usr/src/ffmpeg.libav/libavcodec/aaccoder.c:522:26: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'log2f'
/usr/src/ffmpeg.libav/libavcodec/aaccoder.c: In function 'coef2maxsf':
/usr/src/ffmpeg.libav/libavcodec/aaccoder.c:527:26: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'log2f' /usr/src/ffmpeg.libav/libavcodec/aaccoder.c: In function 'search_for_quantizers_anmr': /usr/src/ffmpeg.libav/libavcodec/aaccoder.c:577:34: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'log2f' /usr/src/ffmpeg.libav/libavcodec/aaccoder.c: In function 'search_for_quantizers_twoloop': /usr/src/ffmpeg.libav/libavcodec/aaccoder.c:737:51: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'log2f' /usr/src/ffmpeg.libav/libavcodec/aaccoder.c: In function 'search_for_quantizers_faac': /usr/src/ffmpeg.libav/libavcodec/aaccoder.c:940:71: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'log2f' /usr/src/ffmpeg.libav/libavcodec/aaccoder.c: In function 'search_for_quantizers_fast': /usr/src/ffmpeg.libav/libavcodec/aaccoder.c:1022:88: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'log2f'
make: *** [libavcodec/aaccoder.o] Error 1

This really should be caught in configure where check_mathfunc log2 and log2f generate implicit declaration of function warnings. One fix would be enabling -Werror=implicit-function-declaration earlier in configure.
Dave