On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Vladimir Pantelic <vlado...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Felipe Contreras wrote:

>>>  libdce would be better?
>>

>> libdce is for OMAP4, and requires syslink, which is not in the Linux
>> kernel, nor will it ever be. syslink is truly abandoned, tidspbridge
>> is not.
>>
>> Besides, if you want libdce working with libav, you would have to
>> follow these extensive instructions[1], which of course; require you
>> to patch your kernel. In contrast, for tidsp to work you just need
>> CONFIG_TIDSPBRIDGE=m on your vanilla kernel, copy the binaries[2], and
>> boom.
>

> afaik, gst using libdce in that "OS that is not linux" since 11.10 or 12.04,
> so using dce is not esoteric any more. nevertheless its only omap4
> still...

If by that "OS that is not Linux" you mean Android; they don't use
GStreamer, do they? AFAIK TI's official solution for OMAP4 is through
OpenMAX IL, and it's only Rob Clark that developed libdce, and
gst-ducati, and all that stuff which is not OpenMAX. Also, I'm not
saying syslink is esoteric, I'm just saying it's not on vanilla
kernel, nor will it ever be.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras