On 2/27/12 12:51 PM, Vladimir Pantelic wrote:
Luca Barbato wrote:
On 2/26/12 9:20 PM, Felipe Contreras wrote:
On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Luca Barbato<lu_z...@gentoo.org> wrote:
On 2/26/12 8:37 PM, Måns Rullgård wrote:
Felipe Contreras<felipe.contre...@gmail.com> writes:
This patch series is a first try of implementing support for TI's
OMAP3
DSP
algorithms. These algorithms are privided officially by TI and
distributed in
many products like the Nokia N900, and also publicly for
non-commercial
purposes[1]. The interface to access then is through tidspbridge
driver
is is
linux's staging area[2].

I still object to naming this "tidsp". Furthermore, it is quite clear
that the tidspbridge interface is dead, used only on abandoned
products
like the N900.

libdce would be better?

libdce is for OMAP4, and requires syslink, which is not in the Linux
kernel, nor will it ever be. syslink is truly abandoned, tidspbridge
is not.

So shall we support both?

both what? For now what we have is support for a dsp framework
using TI's "dspbridge" which is also the name used in the kernel.

So all we are asking is to call it "tidspbridge" or "dspbridge"

That's fine I hope. Beside that I was meaning supporting libdce and tidspbridge.

lu