Felipe Contreras wrote:
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Vladimir Pantelic<vlado...@gmail.com>  wrote:
 Felipe Contreras wrote:

 On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Luca Barbato<lu_z...@gentoo.org>    wrote:

   On 2/26/12 8:37 PM, Måns Rullgård wrote:

   Felipe Contreras<felipe.contre...@gmail.com>      writes:

   This patch series is a first try of implementing support for TI's
 OMAP3
   DSP
   algorithms. These algorithms are privided officially by TI and
   distributed in
   many products like the Nokia N900, and also publicly for
 non-commercial
   purposes[1]. The interface to access then is through tidspbridge
 driver
   is is
   linux's staging area[2].

   I still object to naming this "tidsp".  Furthermore, it is quite clear
   that the tidspbridge interface is dead, used only on abandoned products
   like the N900.

   libdce would be better?

 libdce is for OMAP4, and requires syslink, which is not in the Linux
 kernel, nor will it ever be. syslink is truly abandoned, tidspbridge
 is not.

 Besides, if you want libdce working with libav, you would have to
 follow these extensive instructions[1], which of course; require you
 to patch your kernel. In contrast, for tidsp to work you just need
 CONFIG_TIDSPBRIDGE=m on your vanilla kernel, copy the binaries[2], and
 boom.

 afaik, gst using libdce in that "OS that is not linux" since 11.10 or 12.04,
 so using dce is not esoteric any more. nevertheless its only omap4
 still...

If by that "OS that is not Linux" you mean Android; they don't use
GStreamer, do they? AFAIK TI's official solution for OMAP4 is through

no, I mean Ubuntu, Android in fact is quite open about it's linux roots...

OpenMAX IL, and it's only Rob Clark that developed libdce, and
gst-ducati, and all that stuff which is not OpenMAX. Also, I'm not
saying syslink is esoteric, I'm just saying it's not on vanilla
kernel, nor will it ever be.

syslink3 aka rpmsg is headed for mainline, no?

anyway, all that does not matter here.